The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Danielle Doyle, MD – Oncology/Hematology
Dr. Knudson has joined the Family & Internal Medicine team at IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota School of Medicine. She completed her residency at the University of Utah and is board certified in family medicine.
Kenneth E. Marshall, MD – Administrative Medicine
Dr. Marshall is a graduate of the University of Kentucky School of Medicine. He is the Chief Medical Officer of the IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
Ryan J. Otten, MD – Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Dr. Otten has joined IU Health Occupational Health. He graduated from the Indiana University School of Medicine. His attended the Health Partners Occupational Medicine program in St. Paul, Minnesota, for his residency and is board certified.
Talley Whang, MD – Dermatology/Dermatopathology
Dr. Whang has joined the Dermatology Center of Southern Indiana. She is a graduate of the University of Southern California School of Medicine. She attended Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston for her residency program. She completed her fellowship program at Miraca Life Sciences at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.