Watch for your ballot to elect new MOCMS officers in early December.
The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Alison Heidt, MD – General & Trauma Surgery
Dr. Heidt earned her medical degree at the Medical University of the Americas in Nevis, West Indies. She completed a general surgery internship and residency at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation. Dr. Heidt has joined IU Health Bloomington Southern Indiana Physicians.
Robert Sung, MD – General Surgery
Graduating with a medical degree from the National University of Ireland with honors, Dr. Sung went on to complete his general surgery residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. He completed his fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center at Harvard Medical School He has joined IU Health Bloomington Southern Indiana Physicians.
Benjamin S. Zachar, DO – Emergency Medicine
Dr. Zachar graduated with a medical degree from Nova Southeastern University. He attended the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia for his residency in emergency medicine. Dr. Zachar joins the IU Health Bloomington Southern Indiana Physicians.