Dr. Archer is a graduate of Indiana University School of Medicine. He completed his residency at St. Vincent Family Medicine Residency Program in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Archer has practiced as a family physician with IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians since 2007. He is board certified in Family Medicine. In his time away from work, he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and photography.
What MOCMS Can Do for You
The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Christopher Carter, MD – Pathology
Dr. Carter attended medical school at West Virginia University. He completed his residency program at Shands Hospital – University of Florida. Dr. Adams has joined Southern Indiana Pathologists, LLC.
Helen Kirk, MD – Pulmonary Medicine
Dr. Kirk attended medical school at the West Virginia University School of Medicine. She completed her residency program at WVU – Ruby Memorial Hospital. She did her fellowship at the University of Tennessee in Memphis. Dr. Kirk has joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians.
Kathleen Jones, MD – Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Jones attended the IU School of Medicine. She completed her residency program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Jones has joined the IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians.