The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Juan C. Acosta, MD – Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Dr. Acosta is a graduate of the University of Puerto Medical Science Campus. He completed his residency program at Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York, and his fellowship program at Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis. Dr. Acosta has joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians.
Jennifer N. Lennington, MD – Pediatrics
Dr. Lennington has joined Southern Indiana Pediatrics. She graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. She completed both her residency program in pediatrics and her fellowship program in pediatric nephrology from Baylor College of Medicine.
Rebecca O’Bryan, MD – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. O’Bryan is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine. She completed her residency program in physical medicine and rehabilitation at St. Vincent Hospital and Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. O’Bryan has joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians.
Tarek Sibai, MD – Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
Dr. Sibai has joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians – Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. He graduated from the American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine. He completed his residency program in orthopedics at the Boston Medical Center. His fellowship program in hand surgery was completed at the University of Iowa.