Dr. Laura Knudson is a graduate of University of Minnesota Medical School. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at the University of Utah Department of Family and Preventive Medicine in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Knudson has practiced as a family physician with the IU Health Center at the Indiana University-Bloomington campus since September 2018.
Prior to this, she was a family physician with IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians for nearly 5 years. She is board certified in Family Medicine.
Dr. Knudson has specific interests in women’s health, transgender medicine and eating disorders. She enjoys goofing off with her spouse and young kiddos, gardening and trying to play the violin.
What MOCMS Can Do for You
The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Samuel Kimani, MD – Internal Medicine/Pulmonary Medicine/Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Samuel Kimani attended the University of Nairobi in Kenya. He completed his residency and fellowship at Indiana University in Indianapolis. He joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians in May 2019.
Bryce McKee, MD – Pediatrics
Dr. Bryce McKee attended the Indiana University School of Medicine and completed his residency at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY. He will be joining IU Health Southern Indiana Riley Physicians in August 2019.